Whether you have been a couple or married for 1 year, 10 years or 50 years, an anniversary celebration can be more than just a meal together, a romantic get-away or a party. It can include an intentionally-created moment that allows you to feel, hear and see your love more fully, and connects you more than ever. The key is in how your love is expressed – in ways that suit you perfectly but go a little beyond saying “I love you.”
Here are some ways I can help you enrich your anniversary:
- Create a ceremony or vow renewal (privately or with family and friends) that suits you both perfectly – it can be lighthearted, fun and meaningful. I can officiate for you or it can be a self-guided experience. Here’s what one couple did for their 10th anniversary.
- Reflect upon questions about what makes their partner and relationship so special, write down the answers separately and read them to each other. I have questionnaires created for this very occasion!
- Write each other love letters and read them to each other aloud. Not sure how to write a love letter? I can help.
- Work with you to create a new tradition – whether it’s a unity ritual attuned to what you love as a couple, a scavenger hunt or challenge for you to do together, or something that involves your children or extended family in a lineage of love.
- Plan an adventure – large (trip to Peru) or small (a hike on a local trail) – that incorporates symbolic and written/spoken/demonstrated expressions of love as surprises or stops along the way. You arrange for the adventure – I help you create the expressions of love.
- Have another idea or have something else in mind? Contact me to discuss the possibilities!
We approached Laura with a unique ask – an intimate vow renewal for our 10-year wedding anniversary, including our young kids. It was a private ceremony for just the four of us, led by Laura. It was everything I imagined and then some. My husband and I were both thrilled with the attention Laura gave us and our kids and the beautiful memory she created for the four of us. Our day was so special and will be remembered fondly thanks to Laura.
We created a unique way to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary and we couldn’t have had such a beautiful and authentic ceremony without your brilliance. You picked up important pieces about who Nick and I are, throughout our communication. You captured some of our history, reminded us to appreciate the present and work together to continue to build our future. I really appreciated your expression of life and love. I highly recommend working with Laura at Portrait Ceremonies for anyone looking for a personal touch to make a special day even more special. Thank you again Laura
– Tecla and Nick
Feature photo at top by Steve Halama