Whether you have been a couple or married for 1 year, 10 years or 50 years, an anniversary celebration can be more than just a meal together, a romantic get-away or a party. It can include an intentionally-created moment that allows you to feel, hear and see your love more fully, and connects you more than ever. The key is in how your love is expressed – in ways that suit you perfectly but go a little beyond saying “I love you.”
Here are some ways I can help you enrich your anniversary:
- Create a ceremony or vow renewal (privately or with family and friends) that suits you both perfectly – it can be lighthearted, fun and meaningful. I can officiate for you or it can be a self-guided experience. Here’s what one couple did for their 10th anniversary.
- Reflect upon questions about what makes their partner and relationship so special, write down the answers separately and read them to each other. I have questionnaires created for this very occasion!
- Write each other love letters and read them to each other aloud. Not sure how to write a love letter? I can help.
- Work with you to create a new tradition – whether it’s a unity ritual attuned to what you love as a couple, a scavenger hunt or challenge for you to do together, or something that involves your children or extended family in a lineage of love.
- Plan an adventure – large (trip to Peru) or small (a hike on a local trail) – that incorporates symbolic and written/spoken/demonstrated expressions of love as surprises or stops along the way. You arrange for the adventure – I help you create the expressions of love.
- Have another idea or have something else in mind? Contact me to discuss the possibilities!
Feature photo by Steve Halama